Sunday, June 03, 2018

The Fight Against Cancer Continues in Memory of Scott

So maybe my last post won't be my last.  I think I'd like to still post about events that occur that are related to Scott.  Last night (Saturday night), I participated with an amazing group of young adults at the annual local Relay for Life event.   Relay for Life is an amazing community event where the people you see every day come together and stand up for each other in the fight against cancer to know that we are not alone and that we do not give up.  I was asked to speak at the luminarie ceremony this year.  Below is my speech.  Although the preparation for this speech was emotional, I valued the time that I spent thinking about Scott, the person that he was, and the man that I married.  If you'd like to hear my speech, I have linked it below.

https://youtu.be/FIyfUs27JsA




xoxo,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment