Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year 2014!

Hi Friends and Family!

I know it has been a while since I've written a blog post - sorry about that!  I've been enjoying the holidays and taking some time to relax during my week off from work.  Scott is doing well.  He is currently in his second round of the temodar chemotherapy.  He is tolerating it well, as usual.  He gets a little tired at the end of his chemo week and sometimes feels a little nauseous but overall he feels good.  He doesn't lose his hair on this kind of chemo and since he is a 41 who has a good head of hair - that's a bonus!  He has a scan scheduled for mid-January, prior to his next round of chemo.  That scan will, hopefully, help to determine whether the chemotherapy is working to shrink the tumors and we'll reassess then.

Christmas was great! We spent our vacation visiting with family and friends and eating way too much food!  We completed a 1,000 piece puzzle only to find that there was one piece missing at the end~ but alas my sister Jen found the missing piece after Christmas in one of her gift bags at home!  So here is my advice for 2014: If you feel there is a "missing piece" in your life this year, just be patient and have faith -- eventually you'll find that missing piece and everything will snap right into place!

I asked Scott about a new year's resolution for this year and he said that he liked his resolution last year -- to give more hugs!  So feel free to get a great big bear hug from him next time you see him or anytime throughout the year!  As for me, I'm going to try to follow the message on our Christmas card this year:

LIVE every moment, LAUGH every day, and LOVE beyond words

Wishing you health and happiness in 2014!  Happy New Year Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment