Here is a list of the things I am thankful for today:
- Scott's MRI results from today! The docs say that it appears that the trial drug, AG-120, is working to kill cancer cells! He will continue to take the trial drug and will have another MRI in a month.
- The fact that Scott has very little side effects from the trial drug and that he can take the medicine at home.
- My family! Not only Scott, Paige and JJ (who are fabulous, of course!) but my extended family - my in laws, my Mom, and my siblings!
- My friends and community! The support that we have received and continue to receive from friends, our church, and even friends of friends is overwhelming. This past month we were able to have a "November Month of Fun", thanks to some very generous friends and family. We have enjoyed a weekend away at a spa resort (just Scott and I), the Matilda show in the city, and most recently the Red Bulls game last Sunday.
- My job! I LOVE my job - the adults, the kids - everything. And it's only 3 minutes from my house so I get to go home and enjoy lunch with Scott some days!
- My new fireplace! I love to sit and read every day after dinner by my new fireplace that was put in this summer. My house may not be perfect but it is cozy and warm!
I'm sure I could keep going but there's a list of the top 6 for this holiday! Wishing you a happy and ful-FILLING Thanksgiving! Watch out for the tryptophan effect on your brain... or just enjoy it: