Thought I'd take a minute to update you on the most recent doctor's appointments. Scott saw the infectious disease doctor again on Friday. She monitors the antibiotics and blood tests - all was good with her. He is currently finishing his last 3 weeks of IV antibiotics which should end around January 6th.
Today we saw the neuro-oncologist, Dr. Gruber. Scott didn't have a scan today since he has to wait for the antibiotics to be finished first. Dr. Gruber cleared Scott to drive and we began talking about what treatment might look like when the antibiotics are done. We have to wait for another MRI scan first though to lay out the definitive plan. We scheduled the next MRI for January 12th in the afternoon. Feels like a long way away but with the holidays, I'm sure time will fly by us.
We have also learned that pathologists really have no clue what they are doing. I think anyone could get that job! We have had 3 different pathologists look at the tumor samples and they have all graded it as a different tumor (ranging from 2 - 4)...the most recent being one at Dana Farber in Boston. We give up trying to categorize it!
There won't be much going on with Scott from now until the antibiotics are done. We'll just be enjoying time off from work and being together. Oh - and our Christmas card and letter will be coming soon...hopefully by Christmas! xoxo