Sunday, October 18, 2015

Peaceful Calmness in Decision Making

After spending the past week exploring options for Scott -- which included a trip to Sloan Kettering for a second opinion -- I feel a peacefulness entering into the upcoming week.  We will see Dr. Lassman on Monday morning to make our final decision on the plan going forward and I imagine that he will start treatment sometime this week.  

As much as I wish no one else had to go through this, I am thankful for my friendships within the brain cancer community, it certainly has helped to guide me through making tough decisions time and time again.  Thank you to all of you who have reached out to us in so many ways....whether it was a text to say you were thinking of us, a thoughtful card, an ear to listen or advice to give, a smile and laugh that made us feel normal, a prayer prayed, or just your understanding that this battle is sometimes really hard. 

Scott's attitude is as amazing as ever.  He continues to be a pillar of strength and positivity.  

Thanks again,
xoxo,
Julie




No comments:

Post a Comment