Monday, May 23, 2016

The Silver Lining

Scott is still on blood thinners from the pulmonary embolism back in December and today he got a horrible nose bleed at about 4pm.  That might sound like no big deal but I've honestly never seen so much blood in my entire life - pouring out his nose and coughing it up.  After calling the on call hospice nurse and her telling me she was an hour and a half away, I called 911.   They came and we thought we got it under control so I sent them away.  Not 15 minutes later, it started up again.  Long story short and several calls to hospice with still no nurse, we called 911 again (2 hours after the first call) because the bleeding was profuse and not stopping.  I'm still at the hospital with Scott now awaiting an ambulance home (11:00pm).  He is resting comfortably and things feel peaceful again - all bleeding stopped.  He seems tired and weak but peaceful. I really am truly blessed to live in a small town where I know and love so many people.  If I'm looking for the silver lining tonight - that is it. Thank you to all of you who came to rescue us today.

Xoxo,
Julie 


2 comments:

  1. Way to keep finding those solve linings-you are amazing. Glad Scott is comfortable again. Hoping that the peaceful vibe remains and you can catch your breathe today. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Boone1:35 PM

    Wish I was closer. I'd love to be able to help you and hug you. Sending endless love your way.

    ReplyDelete