Saturday, October 29, 2016

Saving Memories

It's kind of strange that it has been almost a month since I've written a blog post.  Time really seems to fly by.  I find myself so busy with life - work, kids activities, household responsibilities, etc that I feel overwhelmed at times but then I will remember that I'm not really that busy...life used to be much busier.   The kids and I continue to move forward...fall sports have been great with Paige playing volleyball and JJ playing soccer.  Both have adjusted to school well and keep busy with friends.  I have joined a gym which feels good (and painful!) since I hadn't worked out in about a year and a half.

This past week was challenging as my mom had some health issues.  I found myself back in the ER with her twice and then she was admitted to Overlook and spent several days and nights there.  I'm thankful for my sisters who both came to help out with her too.  She is now back at home and improving.  We are now making plans for her to move closer to me in the next couple of months which will be great once we get it all done.

As the kids and I try to move forward in life without Scott, we all, in our own way, look for ways to cling on to pieces of him that are left behind.  JJ has starting wearing Scott's lucky Iowa Hawkeye hat from his college days.  This hat was worn by Scott for every college and law school exam and then was "retired" after Scott took the LSAT exams after law school.  I was never allowed to wash the hat for Scott feared that would wash the luck out of it.  Needless to say, the hat has seen better days but it certainly makes me happy to see it on JJs head.   As for Paige and I, we each have an amazing quilt made from fabric pieces of Scott's clothes.  We just picked the quilts up this morning and they are amazing - thank you to Donna Mouchtaris - whose amazing talent and vision made these possible!   When Donna unveiled the quilts, I was completely overcome with emotion...each piece of fabric has special meaning to me - to him.  My heart felt broken but thankful at the same time...thankful that we will have these quilts to wrap us in his love and remember him forever.  

xoxo,
Julie


The lightening was a little dark for these pics as we were outside and the sun was setting but the colors are vibrant in person and I couldn't ask for a more perfect way to keep his memory alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment