Sunday, November 06, 2016

No Shave November

LINK TO NO SHAVE NOVEMBER TEAM PAGE:  
 https://no-shave.org/team/ScottSpoerl

I am one lucky girl because I am surrounded by great friends.  Friends who have tried hard over the past several months to make sure I'm ok, include me on social events, call often, and more.  They also help to keep Scott's memory alive for me.  This month, our good friend, Tom, has started a group raising awareness (and $$) by participating in No Shave November.  Click the link above that explains more about the organization and the opportunity for all you men to join Tom for the rest of the month of November.  My favorite part of this whole event is how Tom tells me that when people ask if he's growing a beard or commment on his beard, he gets to talk about Scott.  He tells them, of course, about his battle with cancer but then he tells them how Scott hated to shave and how Scott would love the idea of his friends using him as an excuse not to shave for a month to raise awareness and money for the fight against cancer.   This brings a smile to Tom's face as he tells the story.  What a great way to remember Scott!  If you decide to participate - send me pictures!! (juliespoerl@gmail.com)



Scott on his birthday (November 17th) last year.  Check out that beard!





No comments:

Post a Comment