Tuesday, September 05, 2023

Predictions

Scott and I were married on September 5, 1998, 25 years ago. During that first year of marriage, we wrote predictions for how we thought our life would play out in the years to come.  We wrote them for 5 years, 10 years, 25 years, and 50 years.  It was fun to think about where we might live, what jobs we might have, how many kids we would have together, and what pets would enrich our lives?    So this year, 2023, would have been our 25th wedding anniversary and I had an envelop of our predictions to open and read.  Never did we ever consider that one of us wouldn't be here living out our plans together.  Of course reading our predictions was an emotional experience for me.  I let myself remember our dreams.  I laughed at the predictions we got wrong or right, I felt the love we had for one another, and mourned the plans that would never be.  And when I pulled myself together and thought about those plans and predictions, I realized that I am still living our plans, even though he is not here living them with me.  The predictions of still living in our 2nd home, having a girl and boy (close to the predicted ages), driving a "nice new car," and having 2 new "kittens" all were predications that are true, for me, today.  I think that would make him feel so happy, as it does for me.    I still feel all Scott's love for me and I'm forever grateful for the 17 years I had being married to him and the family and life that we created together.     
 
Now I'm left to think about the next 25 years of my life.  Scott won't be living it with me, whether I like it or not, but I won't let that stop me from living out those years to the fullest.  I'll continue making decisions for me and my family that make us happy and help us to lead healthy, loving, fulfilling lives.  2023 is proving to be a good year so far and I am beginning to look forward to where the next 25 years might lead me.  







9 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:04 AM

    I love this and admire your strength and positivity! (Cool car too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:21 AM

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:42 AM

    I am sure Scott is so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie Tse8:15 AM

    Julie, thank you for sharing your courage and hope. Thank you for sharing your predictions and living them out, Scott’s love is clearly foundational. Your incredible strength is rooted in love from God, Scott, and all who support you. This enduring love has now touched me and my family. Grateful of you! Blessings to you and your family! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Julie - That was beautiful and appreciate how you shared this with us. I am so thankful I reconnected with you based on this experience and learn from you every time I hear from you. Wish you and your kids all the very best. - Ed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:23 PM

    There aren't enough adjectives to use here. Hats off to both the 25th anniversary of a beautiful day, and to your moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:17 PM

    Julie, Scott’s love will live on through you and your wonderful kids. Yes, you will make him proud over the next 25 years, just as you have these past 25 years. May God bless you. Always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole Thomas1:18 AM

    Amazing! YOU are amazing! Love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete