Monday, October 02, 2006

First Treatment Today

Lots of concerned and supportive people calling today to see how the first treatment day went. Love you guys. Here's a quick update. There isn't much news. I did start the oral chemo drugs last night. I have not felt sick at all from those meds today. It certainly is possible that the drugs accumulate in your body and you feel sick later down the road. We'll have to see on that.

The radiation treatment was exactly as advertised. It took 10 min and I didn't feel a thing. Radiation treatments are also cumulative, so any side effects will likely be down the road.

I do appreciate all of you out there concerned about me. I'll update you all on any developments as I can.

Much love,
Scott

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:26 PM

    Scott,
    Glad last night and today went as well as they could go. Glad to hear you're feeling ok too. Keep your chin up. My prayers are with the Spoerls.
    Pamela Richardson Barton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 AM

    Glad to hear you've kicked off the chemo and rads with a strong start cous- I know you've got the strength to tackle this challenge head-on- my prayers are with you and your family every day.
    Love from the mid-west-
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Hey Big Guy,
    Glad things are going well!! Lots of prayers and hugs .... Keep the faith!! We love you! Dan,Bev, Jake and Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:04 AM

    i remember julie from oak street. my husband also had brain tumor. he used all the same doctors you mention. gruber too? your treatment sounds same: drop in star wars radiation with a halloween mask and "user friendly chemo"! you are in very good hands hardest thing at overlook is finding your way to the mri--or anywhere.
    attitude is key. feel free to ask me any ?--we seem to know the same people-like it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:32 PM

    Whoever wrote the last comment...can you tell me who you are? I'd love to talk but you forgot to put your name! Thanks - Julie

    ReplyDelete